Debian emacsen packaging group
- #debian-emacs on irc.debian.org
- Emacs Lisp addon packages
- GNU Emacs backports
- All binary packages installing into site-lisp/elpa (in particular
all packages using
should be named
foois the ELPA package name.
- Note that this is often different to the upstream repository
elpa-fis called 'f.el' by upstream.
- Note that this is often different to the upstream repository name. E.g.
- Source package names are upstream project names. Prefix 'emacs-' or suffix '-el' if that name is too generic.
- We use one git repository for every upstream package
- We keep the upstream source in the packaging git repository
- versions should be based on those used by upstream author, not e.g. MELPA
Maintainer field should be
Debian Emacs addons team <email@example.com>
We generally expect to be able to work on packages as a team
See elpa-hello for sample debian/* file snippets that use dh_elpa and follow policy.
- Spacemacs as a source of ITPs
- Backports to-do
- Produce a list of all non-dh_elpa Emacs addon source packages
- file wishlist bugs against them to convert to use dh_elpa
- dh_elpa wishlist bugs
- dh_make_elpa wishlist bugs